PERM Labor Certification


Most categories of employment based immigration require a U.S. employer to sponsor the alien by offering them a job. In addition, some employment based petitions require the employer to prove that no minimally qualified U.S. workers are available to perform the job at the prevailing wage. The process of proving that there are no U.S. workers available to perform the job is called labor certification.

Continue reading PERM Labor Certification

The US K-1 Visa Interview


The K-1 Visa allows a non-United States citizen fiancé(e) of an American to travel to the country and get married there. This visa also allows its holder to stay in the United States for 90 days but she and her American fiancé must get married within the same time period otherwise she has to leave the country on or before the 90th day. However, if the American sponsor and the fiancé(e) do get married within three months, she can then apply for an adjustment of status to extend her stay.

Continue reading The US K-1 Visa Interview